Join Los Angeles Casting Director, Paul Weber, for this amazing workshop on the audition process. Learn what to expect, how to excel, and get on your feet with scenes. Take your craft and actor business to a new level with coaching from this great CD.
Date: August 16, 11am.
Register: at the bottom of this page.
Paul Weber, one of Hollywood’s most respected casting directors has developed a dynamic, practical, and highly effective intensive program that demystifies the audition process and gives the actor the skill and confidence needed to create a memorable audition experience. THE ART OF THE AUDITION, THE BUSINESS OF THE ART offers actors of every level the winning tools that will help you achieve success in the audition room.
In the first half of the workshop, Mr. Weber reveals:
- The Casting Perspective: What casting professionals expect from Actors – what key elements are they looking for?
- Why Certain Actors Succeed: Mr. Weber talks about the actors he’s worked with and what makes them successful, including Johnny Depp, Ryan Reynolds, Dakota Fanning, and Reese Witherspoon.
- What you MUST do right now: Jumpstart your career with these valuable tips for self-branding and marketing.
- Don’t psyche yourself out before you even get in the room! Mr. Weber teaches techniques that will empower you to stop thinking of yourself as “the victim” in the audition room and let the “winning performer” take the stage!
- Indispensable advice on how to handle rejection, and how to turn anxiety and nervousness into excitement motivated by the joy of doing what you love to do!
- The Laws of Attraction: What you can do now to make your talent more desirable and marketable to an agent, manager, or casting director and why.
- The Headshots and Resumes that get noticed today – The very latest on these crucial tools – and how the digital revolution is transforming the audition process.
The second half of the workshop focuses on the actual audition and involves actors in the process using scene work to experience and illustrate new techniques. Mr. Weber covers:
- The Anatomy of the Audition – What actually happens?
- How to make the boldest, most effective choices in the room.
- The importance of listening, cold reading technique, and script analysis.
- How to deliver your best read the first time.
- Why actors fail – common and avoidable mistakes that take actors out of the picture immediately.
Don’t miss this unique and exciting opportunity for actors in the Seattle area!
Here is a flyer for downloading: Mighty Tripod Weber flyer 2015 v2