Yep, that’s right, YouTube taught me how to act! Well, not really! I have learned to act, and about the business of acting primarily by DOING since 2000. Of course, I have studied, taken classes, read books, watched videos on You Tube, experienced life, etc., but most of my skills, and the development of my talent has come from rehearsing and performing (you can peek at my resume here to see what I have been up to), but an aspiring – or seasoned! – actor can learn a lot from the ol’ Interwebs!
This post will quickly introduce you to the wonderful world of YouTube learning via excellent videos for actors! Videos are all linked below. I hope you enjoy!
Click the links below:
- Wisdom for actors via an interview with one of the best acting teachers around, Larry Moss.
- Acting for the Camera tips from Michael Caine.
- James Lipton talks about actors, acting, and careers.
- Michael Caine Acting in Film workshop, part 1.
- Scott Caan talks about his process of working.
- Hitting your mark with Michael Caine.
- Acting tips from Russell Crowe on Inside the Actors Studio.
- Line memorization tips with Robert Carne.
- The Language of the face with John Sudol.
- Preparing for your on set experience and going off the grid with Bill Oberst Jr.
- Advice to actors moving to Los Angeles from Bill Oberst Jr.
- Being off-book and holding your sides with Marci Liroff.
- Self-taping audition tip with Amy Berman.
- Headshot tips from Amy Berman.
- Acting on the camera vs. acting on film with Carolyn Barry.
Phew! I could go on all night, but I think that should get you started! Did I miss anything? I would love to hear, so leave us a comment!