WHERE: Tiffany Talent, Seattle, WA (map below).
AGE: Appropriate for 13+.
WHEN: Sunday, December 21, 2014.
COST: $25 (early bird price)
Treat yourself to an early Christmas gift, and jumpstart your 2015 acting goals with this exciting workshop!
“They call it show business, not show acting,” said someone important once. We strongly believe that in order to get ahead in The Industry (film, TV, commercial, corporate video), an actor needs to be more than just good at playing different characters. The actor must also know who they are (essence), how they come across to the world (type), what their strengths are as actors, where to find work, who the agents are in town, who the casting directors are in our region, who the production companies and producers are, where and how to network, what is good business etiquette, how to brand themselves, and on and on.
In this workshop, taught by David S. Hogan and Ben Andrews, participants will learn about their type, how to brand themselves, how to use social media to connect with other industry members, if their headshot *works* well for them, why online profiles are important, and more.
What we will do:
- Personal Typing – Exercises to reveal how your essence comes across.
- Headshot Typing – We type your headshot.
- Resume’ Review – We make sure everything looks good.
- Casting Profile Review – If you are on Casting Networks or Casting Frontier, we will discuss how to maximize your presence.
- Your Brand – We will discuss how you come across on Social Media.
- And More! We have a lot to cover, and will have plenty of time for Q and A.
What to Bring:
- Headshot and resume’.
We will provide a fun, supportive, and information packed workshop which will give beginners a jumpstart on their goals, and more established actors a brush up on their business practices.