Learn from the comfort of your own home.
Weekly group meetings on Zoom, and weekly one-on-one coaching sessions with the instructors.
We love teaching our 5-week Self Tape Academy, and we understand how important it is to be able to effectively (and enjoyably!) Prepare, Perform, and Deliver high quality, industry standard audition tapes. We want to teach you how to set up your space, understand the taping process, make creative acting choices, and enjoy self-taping commercials, scenes, monologues and more. If you are newer to the industry, or need to get better at self-taping, this academy is for you.
Read on for more information, and up at the bottom of this page.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR: TICKETS GO ON SALE 12/15
Countdown to End of Early Bird Prices SALE FOR ONE WEEK AFTER LAUNCH
If you miss the Early Bird window, but you have taken a 5-week course with us, contact Angela for your Coupon Code.
Who is the Academy For?
– Actors who want to audition for Film, TV, and Commercials.
– Actors of any experience age 14+
– This course works a bit better for actors who have some training under their belt, and many students take our Camera 1 course before the Self-Tape Academy Online. If you have no training or experience, you should consider taking Camera 1 or enrolling in private actor coaching with us before taking the Academy.
If you are new to self-taping, or simply want to learn how to make a better, more competitive audition tape from your home, then this academy is for you. Join us on Zoom, and take your acting and taping to the next level with weekly Zoom classes & Coach’s Corner – Weekly Coaching & Feedback Sessions with Angela and David.
It’s 2023, and almost all auditions for on-camera jobs (short films, student films, feature films, commercials, etc.) are self-tapes. Especially for the initial audition. Callbacks tend to happen over Zoom, so either way, today’s actor needs to know how to set up their “at-home taping studio,” and provide excellent auditions at a moment’s notice.
Back in the “old days” (before the pandemic), actors would attend live auditions, where casting directors would put them on tape, giving redirection (notes) between each take. Feedback received from casting directors would often improve an actor’s performance, and lead to a much better second take. In today’s casting environment (self-taping), the actor does not receive any feedback between takes, and is also responsible for all of the technical aspects of lighting, taping and delivery. It’s a lot for an actor to manage, and it’s the reason we created this Academy in 2020 – To empower the actor and teach them how to stand out during self-tapes and virtual auditions.
– Weekly one-on-one coaching with Angela or David in Coach’s Corner.
– Learn how to set up your studio/Zoom room.
– Over the 5 weeks, actors will learn how to prepare and perform auditions for commercials, film, TV, and more.
– Connect with other students each week and learn the in’s and outs of the local virtual audition landscape, and what to expect.